My trip to Bali was amazing to say the least. After seven days of experiencing the various aspects of this wonderful place, I am listing down the best moments from this trip.
1. Exploring Bali on a motorbike – I have witnessed some very bad traffic back in India but the traffic situation in Bali would come a close second. There is no public transport(bus/train) within Bali, motorbikes are the most common mode of transport for locals and tourists alike. That would mean very frequent traffic jams and add to that the narrow roads of Legian and Seminyak. So, that made my riding around the city on a motorbike a remarkable experience. Although I was skeptical at first, gradually I was able to get around quite comfortably and ended up riding to Canggu and Jimbaran.
While experienced riders can get around this traffic, it can be quite overwhelming for first-timers/learners, especially on the bigger roads with not many traffic rules being followed;would suggest to flag a taxi instead.
2. Visit to Tanah Lot temple – For its sheer beauty and the picturesque backdrop, this natural wonder is worth a visit. The location, the sea waves crashing against the rocks, the ocean and among them stands this marvelous piece of rock with a temple built on top.
3. Journey to Kintamani – This one was not only about the destination – the majestic setting of Mount Batur volcano – it was equally about the journey. The roads, the drive through Artists’ village and a stop at one of the coffee plantations that had its own coffee shop perched on the slope of a valley and a dip in the hot springs!!
4. Beaches and my first surf lesson– Beautiful beaches(and babes), strong waves and my first surf lesson. What else could I ask for??
5. Delicious food – When I wasn’t busy on the beach, I was eating some of the best foods in the best restaurants. The best food I’ve had in a very long time.