In June 2015 when I started this blog, it was just a way of documenting my travel memories in some form so that someday I could reflect back on some of my greatest days. Today, thanks to some lovely people out there who have shown great appreciation to my blog, Tamz Explores has been nominated for a Liebster award by the wonderful Jamiee Nicole from Travel Pray Love.
It is an absolute pleasure to answer these ten questions for Jamiee and K (you know him if you have been to Travel Pray Love). Here are my answers:
1. If you could be anywhere in the world, right now, where would you be?
The Gili islands in Indonesia. I would be swimming with the turtles and volunteering with some marine-life conservation organization.A place to be for enjoying and celebrating the simple pleasures of life.
2. What was your first blog post about?
Ironically, my first blog post was titled “Why did I start traveling solo?”.
I had imagined this would be an appropriate introductory topic which would further set the tone for my future posts.
3. Why did you start your blog?
I started my blog as a medium to document my travel experiences at around the same time I started to travel on my own. I did go through some rough times and I probably needed a distraction(in a positive sense) to get out of the rut I was in. Through my travel and the blog, I ended up finding an entirely different direction to my life.
4. In your wildest dreams, what is your dream vacation?
My dream vacation – well, it would definitely involve a lot of time spent on or under the sea.
If I can etch out a route that takes me sailing to New Zealand-Antarctica-Madagascar-Galapagos-Iceland-Norway, that would be pretty much it. Along the way, I would be diving at some of the best spots, running away from polar bears, getting dangerously close to an active volcano and playing with some penguins.
5. If you could team up with ANY travel blogger (famous or non-famous) who would it be and why?
I actually will name three of my favorite bloggers.
Mathew Karsten (Expert Vagabond) – He has done some pretty amazing stuff with adventure travel and has superb photography skills.
Marissa (Postcards to Seattle) – She finds so many ways to explore her home country which is as good as exploring an entirely new place. That is what so appealing about her work.
Sabine and Stephanie (The Sisters’ Travels) – The Fuchs sisters’ travels signify the importance and sheer pleasure of connecting with people on a more personal level which is definitely evident from their blog posts.
6. Explain your first big adventure in one word.
7. Who was your inspiration for starting your blog?
I would have to say Kate McCulley from AdventurousKate.
8. How did you come up with the name of your blog?
It was just pure instinct that I came up with the name Tamz Explores. I thought it sounded a bit silly at first but it has been working out pretty well. As they say, go with your instincts.
9. What advice would you give a blogger just starting out?
Just keep things simple, stick to your strengths and be yourself.
It is okay to be inspired by some famous and successful blogger but it is the unique individuality of oneself that connects with the community.
10. What is your favorite travel memory?
Two of the most memorable experiences are at par with each other.
First, my interaction with a survivor from the Khmer Rouge genocide in Cambodia.
Second, a 4 hour-long conversation with a fellow traveler – who is now a friend – from Scotland at a Mexican cocktail bar in Sihanoukville, Cambodia. Undoubtedly, these two combined together were some of the finest and most inspirational hours during my travels.
I am Nominating these fantastic bloggers whose blogs have been a pleasure to read.
As part of the nomination, the rules are as follows:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the questions they asked you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers.
- Create a new list of 10 questions for your nominees.
- Choose your own nominees and let them know about the nomination.
Here are my 10 questions for you:-
1. How did you come up with the name of your blog?
2. Who or what inspired you to travel?
3. What is that one country/city that you found the most fascinating and why?
4. What has been the most memorable interaction with anybody during your travels?
5. Five things you would never travel without?
6. Where are you heading to next in 2016?
7. What is the best food you have had on your travels? **Just name the first thing that comes to your mind.
8. What is your worst travel memory?
9. Three destinations you would definitely recommend to fellow travelers?
10. Name three of your favorite travel bloggers.
Looking forward to your answers and your future blog posts of course. A big Thank you to Travel Pray Love for nominating my blog. This is really cool and fun.